For example, one lesson explains how your reps can use a ticketing system to manage customer requests and breaks down the steps needed to implement this process. Axelos offers a popular ITIL Foundation training course teaching participants the basics https://remotemode.net/ of customer support and how to use help desk tools. ITIL shares the best practices that are used when providing IT services to consumers. This course explains each best practice and provides exercises that help service reps master the ITIL approach.
- Students learn how to respond to common help desk related issues with great customer service, critical thinking, remote support, and proper troubleshooting to resolve many IT related issues.
- CompTIA Network+ isn’t just ideal for those who want to get into tech support, but for anyone who sees a future for themselves in IT.
- To get CompTIA Network+, you must first register for an account at CompTIA’s website and then purchase a voucher to take the exam.
- It also delves into best practices for handling tickets and provides a basic understanding of networking.
- Your business is growing, your product is changing, and customers are contacting your customer service team more frequently as your business scales.
- For IT support professionals who want to validate their expertise and stand out in the job market, pursuing more advanced certifications like ‘CISSP’ or ‘HDI-CSR’ could prove beneficial.
And because it involves planning, scheduling, budgeting and execution, certification can be a key steppingstone to managerial positions. In the help-desk certification arena, the more you look around — and the more specific a target you choose — the more options you’ll find. ITIL Foundation certification can also help you establish an enterprise IT architect career.
What are Helpdesk Certifications?
Mike has been involved in the computer and network repair industry since 1987 as a technician, instructor, author, consultant, and speaker. He has authored several popular bestselling PC books and videos, and has taught over 2 million people including U.S. senators, U.S. Armed Forces, many branches of the Department of Justice, hundreds of corporate clients and academic students at every level.
At $99 per course, the Microsoft IT Support certification is a training program based on Microsoft’s product suite.. Then, it goes into detail about how you can use Microsoft’s tools to carry out different support functions. Nearly every company whose employees use computers has a need for IT Support professionals.
Advance your career with an online degree
With this certification, you can help lead a key function within your organization. The CompTIA Security+ exam typically takes around 90 minutes to complete and consists of 90 multiple choice questions. The cost for the exam varies depending on the country you are taking it in; however, it generally costs around $320 USD. Finally, certifications can provide individuals with a sense of accomplishment and recognition from peers and employers alike. By completing a help desk certification program, individuals demonstrate their commitment to mastering the skills needed for success in this field.
They then have 90 days to complete both the knowledge exam and skills assessment. After passing those two components, they must submit their on-the-job performance evaluation within 30 days of completing their training. CompTIA Network+ is a certification program developed by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). It is designed to validate the skills and knowledge of IT professionals working in network administration, support, and engineering. The Network+ certification covers topics such as network architecture, cabling and topologies, protocols and standards, security, troubleshooting, and more.
Earn up to 15 credits towards a degree
Ultimately, whether or not you need a helpdesk certificate will depend on your own personal circumstances and career aspirations. It is important to consider all of your options before making a decision as there are many ways to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in this field without necessarily needing additional certification. To get your ITIL Foundation certification, you need to take an accredited training help desk engineer course from an accredited provider. Once you have completed the course, you can then register for the exam through PeopleCert or Axelos websites. The tech workforce continues to show strong growth with technical skills remaining high in-demand. Start building your project management knowledge and skills for free with Agile with Atlassian Jira offered by Atlassian University and earn a shareable certificate.
- You can use this type of certification to leverage a promotion, transition into a new role, or boost your resume if you’re considering a career in consulting.
- This article provides an overview of the top help desk manager certifications available to those interested in taking their career to the next level.
- It is designed to validate the knowledge and skills of IT professionals who have at least nine months of experience in network support or administration.
- A job in IT can mean in-person or remote help desk work in a range of organizations across many different industries.
- If your team doesn’t use Microsoft, you can pay for each lesson individually, rather than buying them together.
Then it breaks down the proper ways to handle network hardware and what to do if your network connection isn’t up to par. Finally, the course concludes with a lesson in network security explaining what your reps can do to prevent a cyber-attack on your system. While you may not be the first employee in the operation to greet customers, you are a reflection of them in terms of your attitude when they do get to you. Customer service skills are equally as important as your ability to solve for the customer in this role. It’s recommended that candidates have one year of experience with Cisco services and products, at least.
Classes are one hour long and cover an extensive range of customer service and business management lessons. This includes topics like driving customer advocacy, creating long- and short-term customer goals, and preventing customer churn. In customer service, reps must practice their communication skills and be able to anticipate and analyze different types of customer interactions. Even the most experienced reps can use these lessons to sharpen their skill set while simultaneously passing down tricks to newer teammates. ITIL Foundation is a certification that demonstrates an individual’s understanding of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. This certification is the entry-level qualification in the ITIL Certification Pathway, and provides a comprehensive overview of the ITIL service lifecycle, its processes, functions, and roles.